Parabolt® - Company Overview
The idea of a Throughbolt was conceived over 50 years ago by Tucker Fasteners Ltd in Birmingham. The name derives from the Parabola shaped cone which is integral to the design of the Parabolt Throughbolt.
Up to this point, Mechanical Fixings had to be considerably larger in diameter than the thread itself which necessitated careful marking out then locating the fixture to suit the pre-installed studs or shields. This often results in costly errors!
With the introduction of the 'Parabolt' the job of installation was much simplified as the bolt, as it's the same diameter throughout, could be installed with the fixture already in place.
Parabolt soon became a well-specified product in all areas of industry and a first-class distributor network quickly developed. A far more extensive range is now available to meet the demands for anchoring requirements in the Construction industry, including CE Approved Fixings available from stock.
Some recent examples of where Parabolt Construction Fixings have been specified and installed include:
- Birmingham New Street Station (Grand Central)
- New Stadium Tottenham Hotspur FC – White Hart Lane
- Manchester City FC – Etihad Stadium
- Canary Wharf
- Battersea Power Station.
The Parabolt brand is available through its distribution partner: West Midlands Fixings Ltd via its online shop and/or Trade Counter Service.
- Order exactly what you need, box quantities can be split
- CE Approved Fixings
- Nationwide on-site "Pull-Out Testing" available
- Huge stock levels & range
- Packaging options
- Fast & efficient service UK nationwide & export
- Helpful & knowledgeable staff, people you can talk to & get advice or technical support
- All list prices are discounted.